Skip Navigation • Access Keys • Frequently Asked Questions •

Durham County Record Office: the official archive service for County Durham and Darlington

Trimdon St. William Roman Catholic Parish

Reference: RC/Tr

Catalogue Title: Trimdon St. William Roman Catholic Parish

Area: Catalogue

Category: Non-Conformist Church Records

Description: 

Covering Dates:  -

Return to your search results

Catalogue Index

Use Expand image and Expanded image to reveal/hide the structure of the catalogue index (requires Javascript to be enabled in your internet browser options). Click to jump directly to information at a specific level of the catalogue.

Catalogue Description

Records of the Roman Catholic parish of Trimdon,

St. William, deposited on long-term loan

24 May 1996 Acc: 2375(D)

County Record Office
County Hall
DURHAM
DH1 5UL

Catalogue Contents

REGISTRATION (Ref: RC/Tr 1/1-7)

Register of baptisms, 14 September 1902 - 26 August 1908 Note inside front cover, September 1902, that registers prior to this are kept at West Cornforth For enclosure see RC/Tr 1/6
Document format of RC/Tr 1/1


Register of baptisms, 29 August 1908 - 11 August 1918 For enclosure see RC/Tr 1/7
Document format of RC/Tr 1/2


Register of marriages, 27 September 1902 - 5 January 1926 Note inside front cover, November 1902, that registers prior to this are kept at West Cornforth
Document format of RC/Tr 1/3


Register of deaths, 11 September 1902 - 15 February 1917 Note inside front cover, September 1902, that registers prior to this are kept at West Cornforth
Document format of RC/Tr 1/4


Register of deaths, 24 May 1917 - 7 February 1960
Document format of RC/Tr 1/5


Index of baptisms in RC/Tr 1/1. 1902 - 1908
Document format of RC/Tr 1/6


Index of baptisms in RC/Tr 1/2. 1908 - 1918
Document format of RC/Tr 1/7

Catholic Records Classification Scheme (Ref: RC/Tr 1-15)

Registration


Clergy


Church fabric and property


Parish accounts


Parish organisations


Fraternities, sodalities and church societies (including S.V.P.)


Charities


Deanery


Schools and education


Not used 11 Not used


Not used


Not used 14 Not used


Miscellaneous

(Ref: RC/Tr 2/1-13)

CLERGY

Church Notices


Notice book, including banns, 3 November 1907 - 28 February 1915
Document format of RC/Tr 2/1


Noticebook, including banns, 7 March 1915 - 9 July 1922 [Marked 'Day Book' on spine]
Document format of RC/Tr 2/2


Notice book, including banns, 16 July 1922 - 25 December 1927 At end: monthly mass attendance figures
Document format of RC/Tr 2/3


Notice book, including banns, 1 January 1928 - 30 July 1933 At end: monthly mass attendance figures, 1928 - 1929 For enclosure see RC/Tr 2/15
Document format of RC/Tr 2/4


Church notice book, including banns, 3 January - 26 December 1965
Document format of RC/Tr 2/5


Church notice book, including banns, 2 January - 25 December 1966
Document format of RC/Tr 2/6


Church notice book, including banns, 1 January - 31 December 1967
Document format of RC/Tr 2/7


Church notice book, including banns, 7 January - 29 December 1968
Document format of RC/Tr 2/8


Church notice book, including banns, 5 January - 28 December 1969
Document format of RC/Tr 2/9


Notice book, including banns, 4 January 1970 - 26 December 1971
Document format of RC/Tr 2/10


Notice book, 2 January 1972 - 30 December 1973
Document format of RC/Tr 2/11


Notice book, 6 January 1974 - 25 October 1976
Document format of RC/Tr 2/12


Notice book, 31 October 1976 - 15 October 1978
Document format of RC/Tr 2/13

Parish Returns (Ref: RC/Tr 2/14)

Draft 'Status Animarum' annual returns, 1964 - 1967
Document format of RC/Tr 2/14

Rev. Denis Hughes (parish priest 1901 - 1906) (Ref: RC/Tr 2/15)

'Panegyric preached at the Solemn Requiem Mass for the Rev. Denis Hughes, at Trimdon, October 6th, 1906, by the Revd. R. Taylerson, St. Mary's, Stockton-on-Tees' On front cover: black and white photograph of Rev. Denis Hughes, n.d.
Document format of RC/Tr 2/15

CHURCH FABRIC AND PROPERTY (Ref: RC/Tr 3/1-2)

Photograph of Trimdon church interior, n.d. [c.1900]
Document format of RC/Tr 3/1


Bills of quantities for proposed presbytery at Trimdon Village, for the Rev. Father Brady, amended scheme, prepared by C.L. Heslop, chartered architect, surveyor and valuer, of 7 Upper Church Street, West Hartlepool, April 1952 Attached: statement of account and copy invoice, 1952
Document format of RC/Tr 3/2

PARISH ACCOUNTS (Ref: RC/Tr 4/1)

Day book, January 1984 - December 1990
Document format of RC/Tr 4/1

(Ref: RC/Tr 9/1)

SCHOOLS AND EDUCATION

St. William's R.C. Mixed School, Trimdon was opened in 1904; replaced by a new school in 1978

School Managers


Managers' minute book, 5 September 1904 - 31 July 1964
Document format of RC/Tr 9/1

School Building Estimates and Accounts (Ref: RC/Tr 9/2-9)

Estimate for the erection and completion of a new Roman Catholic mixed school at Trimdon for the Rev. Fr. Hughes, by Harrison and Hunter, architects, of Stockton-on-Tees, October 1903
Document format of RC/Tr 9/2


Architects' certificates and receipts for payment due to Mr. Thomas Hanby, builder, for work executed at new Roman Catholic mixed school, Trimdon, 13 April - 13 December 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/3


Receipt from G.E. Howe, diocesan treasurer, for payment by Rev. Fr. Hughes of legal costs regarding new school site, 26 April 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/4


Receipts from Harrison and Hunter, architects, of Stockton-on-Tees, for payments by Rev. Fr. Hughes on account of professional services regarding new school, and statement of account, 11 May - 17 October 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/5


Estimate, specification and account for 2 sliding partitions for new school from the North of England School Furnishing Co. Ltd., Darlington, 29 June - 19 September 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/6


Receipt from John Nixon of Village Farm, Trimdon, for payment by Mr. Hughes of £5 for damages to grass field, 26 September 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/7


Receipt from Thomas Hanby, builder and contractor, of 5 Lightfoot Grove, Stockton-on-Tees, for payment by Rev. D. Hughes on account of work at new school, Trimdon, 2 November 1905
Document format of RC/Tr 9/8


Builder's balance sheet for new Roman Catholic mixed school, Trimdon: G. Hanby, builder in account with Rev. Fr. D. Hughes, 24 November 1905
Document format of RC/Tr 9/9

Letters to Rev. Denis Hughes concerning the building of the new school (Ref: RC/Tr 9/10-49)

Correspondence from Harold Iliff, land and estate agent, of 51 Fawcett Street, Sunderland, regarding lease of 1 acre of land by Mr. Beckwith as site for the new school, with sketch plan of site, 25 October 1902 - 18 January 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/10-19


Correspondence from Geo. Roper of The Grove, Richmond, Yorkshire, refusing request for sale of land for school site, 19 February- 20 June 1903
Document format of RC/Tr 9/20-22


Letter from Anthony Wilkinson of Sheraton, Castle Eden, refusing to sell land at White Hurworth, 21 May 1903
Document format of RC/Tr 9/23


Correspondence from H.J. Peirson, of Brancepeth Estate Office, regarding site for proposed school and quoting price for land at Park House Farm, Trimdon, 8 May - 31 July 1903
Document format of RC/Tr 9/24-26


Letter from Thomas Watson of Deafhill Colliery, Trimdon Grange, quoting the price of land for proposed school site, 23 July 1903
Document format of RC/Tr 9/27


Correspondence from G.E. Howe, Diocesan Treasurer, of Tynemouth, Northumberland, regarding finance for new school, 15 January 1904 - 1 May 1905
Document format of RC/Tr 9/28-44


Correspondence from Richard, Bishop of Phocaea [bishop-auxiliary to the diocese of Hexham and Newcastle], of Bishop's House, Tynemouth, regarding building of new school, 25 January - 4 April 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/45-47


Letter from Watson, Newby and Robson, solicitors, of Stockton-on-Tees, regarding draft conveyance, 17 March 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/48


Letter from S. Tate of Walter Scott Ltd., Trimdon Grange Colliery, advising that the coal has recently been worked from under the [school] buildings now being erected, and that they may suffer in consequence, 31 March 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/49

Other correspondence concerning the new school (Ref: RC/Tr 9/50-61)

Letter from Rev. D. Hughes of Trimdon to [Mr. Beckwith] agreeing to purchase of 1 acre of land and attendant conditions, 26 December 1903
Document format of RC/Tr 9/50


Letter from T. & W.G. Maddison, solicitors, of Durham, to Watson, Newby and Robson, solicitors, of Stockton-on-Tees, regarding draft conveyance, Beckwith to Hughes, 16 February 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/51


Correspondence from Leadbitter and Harvey, solicitors, of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, to Rev. G.E. Howe, regarding conveyance of land at Trimdon from Beckwith to the R.C. Diocesan Trustees, 23 February - 22 April 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/52-53


Abstract of deed [conveying land for new school, Trimdon], compiled by diocesan treasurer, 19 April 1904
Document format of RC/Tr 9/54


Board of Education correspondence regarding proposed enlargement of Trimdon R.C. School (to provide for 50 additional children), 19 September - December 1910 Attached: outline specification of works for proposed additions by Edward J. Kay, architect, Stockton-on-Tees
Document format of RC/Tr 9/55-59


Letter from A.W.F. Eade of Darlington, to Rev. J. Dwyer of Trimdon, reminding him of the school owners' liability for repair of the fence by the footpath, 6 October 1913
Document format of RC/Tr 9/60


Memorandum from C.A. Eade of Blackwellgate, Darlington, to Rev. D. Westendorp of Trimdon regarding sale of a few yards of the school site to the Council for road improvements, 2 April 1924
Document format of RC/Tr 9/61

MISCELLANEOUS (Ref: RC/Tr 15/1-2)

List of persons buried beside the church at Trimdon, based on the evidence of Mrs. Larkin, Trimdon Grange, made by L. B[urke], n.d. [1906-7]
Document format of RC/Tr 15/1


Canon W. Fee, 'History of Catholicism in the Trimdons and its surrounds', n.d. [c.1994] (1 booklet) isto