We sell a variety of family history, local history and archaeology books, and printed maps, through our online shop.
We deliver to addresses in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
Pay online by credit card, debit card or PayPal. Please note that we cannot take 'American Express' card payments.
You can also buy books and printed maps from the Record Office and collect them in person.
Please contact us to make credit or debit card payments by telephone or to find out postage rates if you want to order more than one book in a single transaction.
What we sell online
Books about archaeology:
- Archaeology County Durham magazine - Issue 12, 2017
- Binchester Roman Fort - guide book
Books about popular archive collections:
- Behind the wall - The life and times of Winterton Hospital
- Streatlam and Gibside - The Bowes and Strathmore Families in County Durham
- The Bowes of Streatlam, County Durham: The Politics and Religion of a Tudor Gentry Family
Books about local history:
- Durham Biographies Volume 1
- Durham Biographies Volume 3
- Durham Biographies Volume 4
- Durham Biographies Volume 6
- Durham City and its M.P.s
- Durham and The Pilgrimage of Grace
- Memories of My Life in Tantobie in the Thirties
- Radical Politics in the North-East of England in the Later Eighteenth Century
- Seaham Harbour: The First Generation
- The Courts of the County Palatine of Durham from earliest times to 1971
- The Durham Crown Lordships in the 16th and 17th Centuries and the Aftermath
- The Lost Mills - A History of Papermaking in County Durham
Family and local history indexes:
- Cemeteries in County Durham
- Durham Family History Gazetteer
- Durham Places in the Mid-Nineteenth Century
- Fact and Folklore in County Durham
- Map of Durham parish and chapelry boundaries, circa 1800
- Map of the Bishoprick and Citie of Durham by John Speed 
- Map of the Bishoprick of Durham by Jan Jansson [1646/1652]
More information about these publications.